Tuesday 18 January 2011

Heads Up For Stirling




I have been following the progress of the Stirling Heads for a couple of years now, photographing master craftsman John Donaldson during the carving of the 37 replica oak medallions.

The heads were masterpieces in themselves and I have to admit that I wasn't sure that I would be so keen on them after I head that they were to be painted. But seeing them positioned on the ceiling of the Kings Inner Hall of Stirling Castle convinced me that it was the right thing to do.

Last month I braved the snow and headed up to Stirling to photograph John and Graciela Ainsworth who led the painting team. The images were used for press and marketing purposes.

I am very much looking forward to June when the project will be complete and the palace will be open to the public.

No comments: