Tuesday 1 December 2009

The Final Fling


Last night saw the curtain fall on Homecoming Scotland 2009 with a series of St Andrew's Day events in appropriately enough, St Andrews. It's been quite a year and as official photographer for Homecoming I have covered events the length and breadth of Scotland.

So it is appropriate that the final image I shot was of the Son et Lumiere - images of the history of Scotland and the story of Saint Andrew projected onto the ruins of St Andrews Cathedral. More images here.

My favourite photograph from the year was taken on the launch weekend in Dumfries and shows a small girl holding a lantern on front of the Homecoming logo. You can see it here.
Visit RobMcDougall.com

1 comment:

Ollie and Forbes said...

I love this picture, its just a fantastic composition that for me, sums up the homecoming year without being overly Scottish and twee. With a clear, sharp image from the projection, its a beautifully taken picture Rob. Great work!